What to do when you're burned out...

...Chill out! Don't push it - there's no hurry. We're doing this because we want to, remember? It's not a Production Environment where some pre-specified level of performance is mandatory.

And when it's been long enough, back-to-basics is a great plan: stroke some fabric, do a little mending, go look at art. Give yourself some easy points on the board.

Today I'm making a bias-cut skirt out of silk velvet. This fabric has been waiting patiently in the stash for maybe 5 years. It's my simplest and perhaps most successful pattern, enhanced this time with an invisible zip in the side seam. Love those things! It's going great, and I know that tomorrow, as well as having a great addition to my winter wardrobe, I'm going to be back in the Zone, and ready to make something more original.

No comments: