How'd ya like them apples?

...better this time round.

Last time I came to New York I hated it. All in the mind! This time I started with contacts, a plan and a focus event. Of which, more later. Because if I'm to manage to blog every day of June, I'm not squandering topics.

New York is warm if not hot and more than a little sticky. Store air conditioning is welcome. They make the electricity cost back! The temperature is at that magic point that is warm enough to have people relaxed and summery, but not so hot that they are irritable. Even waiting in the 52nd St subway station for a train that never came, the crowd of people sweated calmly, struck up conversations, passed on the message that the Green line would be closed. I even heard strangers offering alternate directions. Everywhere I go, I hear the language of courtesy "Please" "Thankyou" "Excuse me" The rude New Yorker may be endangered, if not extinct.

4 comments:

NomesD said...

I noticed how exceedingly friendly New York was when I was there a few years ago. I absolutely loved it, the people were helpful and friendly and diverse. I'm jealous of you right now!

Ghylene said...

definitely on my list of places to visit

Kathryn in NZ said...

Sing well!! Thinking of you lots. You could always do a symposium update post....

Intuitive Textile Journeys said...

Agree with Kathryn - you could so blog about Symposium ???