I am my mother-in-law.

I realised today that my quiet, no-fuss, engineer husband is even smarter than I thought he was.

Not only was he smart enough to recognise and secure unto himself the marvel that is me, he has also Married His Mother.

This realisation has been dawning on me for a while. Spent the last 24 hours with my lovely mother-in-law. If course she's lovely, she's Just Like Me!

*we like the same breakfast
*we find the same things funny (almost everything but especially the male members of the family)
*we are both crafty needlewomen
...the list could go on for some time.

We had a super-fun day together, sewing, knitting and playing with her extremely flash embroidery machine. Now I know I don't need one myself, I've got a pal who loves to share.

The blokes didn't get many words in edgeways, but the clever chaps like it like that.

Being able to be friends with the in-laws is a great blessing.

No comments: