The empress's old clothes

Between losing some weight and deciding that "baggier isn't better" lots of my earlier garments just weren't wearable. What to do?

Answer: re-fashioning... taking the favourites and cutting them down to size. What have I learned through this exercise?
  • It can be worth spending $45/meter on printed tulle. At the time I couldn't believe I paid so much for jungle print mesh. At least 10 years later the fabric retains its original colour and texture - the refashioned top literally looks like new.
  • My colour taste has changed a lot - now I'm brighter and more confident in combination
  • I've learned a lot! my construction techniques and fabric handling skills are streets ahead of where they were 10 years ago
  • It's still easier to do old things than new ones...sigh...

1 comment:

Kathryn in NZ said...

It did look like new!