The Quilts of Abundance

Late in 2010, my friend Veronicah was the recipient of 17 - count 'em 17 - banana boxes of mixed fabrics from a deceased estate. After much sorting and appropriate donation, she made up a box each for some quilting buddies. Sharing the love!


I'm a lucky possessor of one of these Boxes of Abundance. It holds a fairly random mixture of approximately shirt-weight cottonish fabrics from (I think) the middle 1980's. Not exactly what I would normally choose to work with.

My - self-imposed - challenge is using it to make quilts for my big patchwork group's community quilt donation programme. This has been far more enjoyable than expected.

  1. Free fabric is much easier to cut!
  2. Funny combinations work when they have to
  3. I'm not doing it alone - all the other people who have passed this fabric along are sharing in the eventual gift
I'll document these quilts on their own page.  What is your challenge?

No comments: