8.5 metres to the finish line

It. Is. Done.

'Floating cubes' is all quilted. I would not have believed it possible to quilt a queensize in under 4 days, but I have! Not only is the quilting finished, but it looks very good.

I just had to dash out to Quilters Dream my favourite quilt shop - Hi Elizabeth! - to show 'n' tell, and also to get the velcro specified in the exhibition entry requirements.

Since then I've added the hanging sleeve, trying a new idea for blind-hemming its lower edge, and machine-stitched the binding all around. The blind-hemming idea worked very well, and has saved 2 metres of hand-stitching. It's a technique best kept for quilts with a fairly busy background, but that's most of my work.

All that remains is handstitching the final binding edge - about 8.5 metres. Tomorrow's task!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Sarah

I have just heard you have had all three quilts accepted for symposium. CONGRATULATIONS

Elizabeth