Three quarters

A very quick update on progress completing my two Symposium exhibition entry quilts.

'Flag' is almost done, with three quarters of the binding handstitched down. The more I look at it, the more I like it. It may be my favourite ever. It's certainly the foundation piece for a series in the flag format. The final title is still to come, the perfect phrase uniting the ideas of fertility and absence may arrive in a dream.

'Cubes' is also at a 'three-quarters' milestone- that's how much of the background quilting is done. This is radiating straight lines, I am very pleased with how it looks. There a still an unknown number of cube motifs to quilt...but at least te design for them is figured out. The title came to me during this morning's walk 'Comsentience at Waypoint42' a reference to my recent birthday, and an homage to one of my favourite science fiction writers, Frank Herbert.

No comments: