on reaching the home straight unexpectedly

Today it seems quite likely that I will complete the 'cubes' quilt within the exhibition submission deadline. I would not have believed this 4 days ago, but when I stopped this evening, I was well ahead of project schedule. Providing I can overcome the threadsnap issue in the morning, and I will, quilting should be done by midafternoon. That leaves just enough time for binding and hanging sleeve. It's been a mighty effort, and 3 things have made it possible:

1. great skills. Setting modesty aside, I have good technical competence, and don't waste any time fumbling.

2. quilting-friendly environment. The best husband in the world has made all the dinners and a heap of other good actions.

3. A champion! My dear friend Veronicah gave the gifts of time and belief.

2 comments:

Intuitive Textile Journeys said...

I'm so excited that you are on the home run! Go girl! That quilt is already a winner.

You do have great skills - you are a more accomplished machine quilter than I ... but then again ... you practice more, later into the night or morning, and harder.

Elizabeth said...

Great to see your quilt today. What a treasure Bill is!!!!!!.
Hope you have great success at symposium with both your quilts. Well done Sarah