Cunning schemes, however small...

...don't you love it when they work out?


Meet Lady Moneybug. She's a cute little leather coin purse from TradeAid. Her job is to look after the cash and SIM card for "the other side of the Tasman".

She's big enough not to get lost, cute enough to be memorable and small enough (there's not that much cash!) to fly with my laptop. When we get where we're going, she unfolds her wings and gets me connected on the local network at a reasonable price (no more horrendous roaming data bills for this Ladybug!) and we're ready to buy a coffee or other essential fluid. In a matter of minutes.

Her toolkit was upgraded tonight by the addition of a paperclip from the office box thoughtfully provided by the hotel. Now I can actually get the SIM out of the phone...

It's a really good feeling to make one of the small steps to the efficiency I wrote about earlier.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a really nifty little thing you have there. Useful if you're popping over the Australia a lot and you can keep the money on hand instead of having to exchange it over and over again.
I once threw money away in Serbia because I couldn't spend it and exchanging it would cost me almost as much as it was worth. It was about $4 but I still feel the anger at it.

stitchsarah said...

yes, it works well - and probably cost the equivalent of your $4! Maybe think of it as a gift to the Serbian economy which probably needs it...

Steph said...

I have a little purse hand made by a friend of mine. I use it for coffee change. It's red, so it's easily found in my bag or the drawer, and I love how something so compact can be so useful!

stitchsarah said...

Lucky you, Steph, to have a memento of your friend as well as a useful item :-) I love handmade!