One more sleep!!!

One more sleep until I hop on the Big plane and go to Chicago and San Francisco. I'm filled with my usual mixture of excitement and dread.



Excitement is for everything, no matter how prosaic. Different money. Drinking rootbeer. Having another Summer. Being completely among strangers. At the Bean. Walking on the other side of the footpath, I mean sidewalk. Dusting off the other vocabulary! 

Dread is only my normal background worry, amplified and emphasized by the change of environment. It's not about other people or places, only about me. What will I forget? What will I lose? Will I get lost and be embarrassingly late? What part of my plans will turn out to have a stupid gap?

The good thing about this is it's entirely under my control & I have loads of practice in dealing with it. All of those worries can be managed with a dose of relaxation. Chill out Sarah!  I'm certainly not going to let a little thing like Dread cancel out my excitement and spoil the enjoyment. Just like I don't at home.

Everything packed except my medication, toothbrush and undies. I don't know why I usually leave these until last. I'm certainly never going to forget them again...

I'll do my best to keep up the daily posts and share the excitement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful trip!