What's on my design wall?

Something green/blue/yellow with triangles

For this work, I am returning to a method I haven't used for a long time - the design wall
  1. select the materials
  2. cut some/all of it up into whatever shapes 
  3. arrange the pieces on a design surface until pleased
  4. sew it all together
This is unusual for me - to know how the finished work will look before I even start sewing. It's a great method for a planned effect, and I have a strong vision for this work, so the design wall is the way to get me there. I do need a bigger design surface. Getting a big enough sheet of polystyrene home is the trick. And finding a place to store it...

The fabrics are GREAT! a few commercial prints, but most of this amazing stuff is from the fabulous women at Distressed Threads - my favourite source of unique artisan fabrics.

Here is what I think will be one-third of the finished work.

 Next time you see it, it will look completely different. Rearranging is the fun part!

1 comment:

Intuitive Textile Journeys said...

looks fabulously wonderful already!