What to wear to work??

I now have 3 dress codes to shop for...

At Home:
aiming at Getting out of PJs + Staying warm. Most of these items I would not be seen dead in, but there is an element I can permit to be photographed:
beaded wrist warmers

Appointments out of Auckland:
aiming at Professional + Interesting + Easy to travel in. Favourite item: teal velvet jacket.


Appointments in Auckland:
aiming at Professional + Interesting + A chance to wear things that don't travel well!

Actually no need for any more shopping in this area, Miss Sarah. There are so very many of these exciting items in my wardrobe.  They look at me reproachfully from their padded hangers. Once upon a time they were my everyday work clothes, a delight to my clients and colleagues. I'm saying it myself, but I had quite a rep for dressing beautifully.

Today's choice: a snug-fitting flame-coloured dress with a long black leather coat and tall boots. Quite sorry there's no photo, but I couldn't bring myself to ask the other attendees to take a snap of my fabulousness...

Inconvenient though it is, in all three codes I'm holding steadfast to the *all-black-is-the-last-resort* principle. Colour is life!

1 comment:

Julia said...

The flame-coloured dress sounds fabulous! I also wear all black as a last resort. My "go-to" skirts and dress pants are mostly gray or brown. I have a favourite dress that's gray shot through with coloured sparkly threads.
And I have wrist warmers, but mine are screenprinted and have lace at the edges :)